Past Non-Profit/Charitable Campaigns:
- Co-arranged the worldwide release on Arista, a Sony Record Label of “We’ve Got the Love” – a charity record and video by Jersey Artists for Mankind. This one-record band included performances by Nils Lofgren, Bruce Springsteen, Clarence Clemmons, Max Weinberg, Tommy James, Cindy Lauper, Darlene Love, and more NJ celebrity singers and musicians, to raise awareness and money for NJ food banks.
- WIZO International – Along with his spouse, Rebecca, One of the Founding Organizers of the New Jersey Division of a global Women’s Charitable Organization. Helped organized Casino Night, Children’s Fashion Shows, and other entertainment fundraisers.
- CAART – National Spokesperson for this anti-crime awareness campaign and launched an
acclaimed technology to help prevent it.
Appeared on primetime interviews on top tv and radio stations, with print PR.
- Acquired, exported, and distributed 2,000 hearing aids to Ecuadorian children, who were/are hearing impaired due to lack of iodine in their diets.
- Started and promoted a successful summer camp scholarship program for the children of actively serving servicemembers of the US Armed Forces.
- Provided entertainment for numerous charitable events, including performing on parade floats to crowds of 500,000 and one million cheering fans.
- Performed for many nursing homes and watched elderly patients come alive while enjoying the singing and playing of their music from the 30’s 40’s, and 50’s.
- Co-Founded Caged Birds Sing, Inc. to bring awareness and relief to those suffering in silence from post-lockdown ‘Household Harm’ – a new narrative that discusses Toxic Behavior, Coercive Control, Household Abuse, and Domestic Violence.
Mr. Kaplan has a strong background in business development and project finance as an enterprise and startup expert in many phases of product development, manufacturing, and international sales/distribution. He is a strategist, developer, producer, exporter, consultant, and importer, and is distinguished as being one of the first of eight US businessmen to launch large-scale projects and joint ventures in the Soviet Union (now Russia and the Independent States). As a well-known manufacturer, he has designed, built, patented, and sold high-tech processing equipment to customers on every continent except Antarctica. Mr. Kaplan was the recipient of Motorola’s Most Outstanding Vendor Award for one such long-term, patented automation initiative, and his equipment is installed and running in Motorola factories worldwide.
A Stuart has also been active in the entertainment business throughout his career. As a music director, he performed, produced studio recordings, made videos, published songs, etc., and sold/licensed his, and his artists’ products globally. He started three record companies and two publishing companies, one with BMI and one with ASCAP, and now heads ASK Entertainment, LLC and its division ASK7 International.
Recording and Music Industry
Exec/Founder of Recording and Music Publishing Companies:
- President, Stonehenge Records and New Fortune Records
- President Jamm Art Music (BMI) and McAlpin Music (ASCAP)
- Producer/Co-writer of “Dreamcatcher” Debut Album for artist Han Soloman, featuring the single “Do You Want It Bad?” benefitting Caged Birds Sing Incorporated.
- Co-produced (with Grammy winner Henry Jerome) Leave Your Love Behind – CD Single
- Executive Producer “We’ve Got the Love” Video featuring top New Jersey artists, released by Arista/Sony Records Worldwide.
- Wrote and Produced “Whoops” – Recording and Music Video Licensed by JVC worldwide.
- Co-Wrote and Produced “Dance Every Saturday Night” – EMI/Aztec European single release.
- Co-Produced American the first and only Russian/American Joint Venture entertainment television show “Voyage.”
- National TV Show Spokesperson for two charitable causes.
Shows & Tours
- Wrote and performed the theme song, Love, Praise, and Gratitude for “The Healers” – off-Broadway show.
- Performed with Circa ’05 for 1 million people at the Israeli Day Parade, traveling up 5th Avenue on a float.
- Performances and productions throughout the United States and International performance venues including South America, the UK, Japan, Venezuela, Israel, France (MIDEM Conference/Cannes Music Festival), and elsewhere.
- Joined the Euro-tour of the 3rd Marvelettes group, performing his original song “Luxury Lunar Liner” and copy material with them.